Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Place Called Home-stay

As I arrived in ****** I stayed six nights in the hotel up in ******** in the name of ****** Hotel. I was glad to be welcomed in *********. From here my journey started, and somehow it might end in a place called home-stay.

I was a bit confused about the university and about the place where I would stay during my study. I was told to phone our embassy, and ask for student help. I tried calling the embassy several times until a woman answered. She told me that I should fill in the form (which I was given previously) and that was it. The lady then told me that next week they would have a holiday due to Christmas, and nobody would answer my calls. I was a bit surprised, but then I thought that it did not matter.

I thought I might relax for another six nights in a hotel in the city. I found it a bit hard to relax, despite the luxurious room. The reason was because I had to open a bank account and search for the cheapest apartment. This was where I began to realise how dreadful my situation was. This was because all of the banks were closed and would reopen after Boxing Day; similarly the real estates were closed for couple of weeks and would reopen on the 3rd of January. I was shocked. I never put into consideration the Christmas holiday, because back in Dubai we did not have these holidays. Even if we had holidays they would not close everything for so long.

I went back to ****** Hotel to look for cheap apartments in addition to faxing the filled-in form for the embassy. I found that the cheapest apartments were all unfurnished. I was like, "I really missed my hometown". Next day I went to the university and met a woman, who happens to be one of the student advisors for the foundation students, and sure I was one of them. I was relieved to meet her, and I asked her if there were any home-stays run by Muslims. My reason would be because we, Muslims, have to eat 'Halal' meat, which means that the animal should be killed under certain procedures. However, if I could not find one, I could still live with seafood and/or vegetarian meals.
.
Even though she was not sure of the home-stay I thanked God, the Most Gracious the Most Merciful, for what happened to me so far. This was because no one would have survived if he/she was in my situation. It was like I was guided by someone. Anyway, next day I received a call by the same student advisor telling me the exact name of the owner of the home-stay and its exact place. At last I found a secured place for me to stay. Moreover, I still live there.

5 comments:

H2O said...

when I read how did u act, I felt that if I would be in ur place I would never know how to act ,,
frankly ,, u did well o Allah eyser lek amoork o ye7fa9'k fe 3'rbtk bro ^_^ wish u ALL THE BEST

Bu Thyab said...

thnx alot PaNi...

UaE MaX said...

salaam 3alekm bro, sorry for being soo late.
mashaalh u started uni aah ? well done bro !
im sorry to hear what happened to u ! im sure you r in a much better situation inshalh

bas why r u so mysterious about ur locations ?! lol


wish u the best of luck and good luck with ur studies :)

Bu Thyab said...

wa3alaik 2essalam bro...

am k now bro.. thnx for ur comment

wo i would like my location to be unknown :p

lol

teslam bro

Anonymous said...

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته 00000000 جمعه طيبه مباركـــــــــــــــــــه 0000000 • رَبَّنَا إِنَّنَا سَمِعْنَا مُنَادِيًا يُنَادِي للإيمَانِ أَنْ آمِنُوا بِرَبِّكُمْ فَآمَنَّا رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ كَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَ تَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الأبْرَارِ * رَبَّنَا وَ آتِنَا مَا وَعَدْتَنَا عَلَى رُسُلِكَ و لا تُخْزِنَا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّكَ لا تُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ . • رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِنْ لَمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنْ الْخَاسِرِينَ . • رَبَّنَا لا تَجْعَلْنَا فِتْنَةً لِلْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ * وَنَجِّنَا بِرَحْمَتِكَ مِنْ الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ تقبل الله منا ومنكم صالح الاعمال