Friday, February 10, 2006

Flight Number EK408

From Dbayy to ****** via *******, for about hupteen to hupteen hours flying in midair, I was with my elder brother. On this plane we sat on two separated seats, which was different from the other journeys, in which we have been together. We wanted to change seats and sit together. The reason was because, we did not want women sitting beside us. Unfortunately, we could not change seats. I was left alone hoping to arrive safely to ****** not knowing what surprises were hidden from me. Personally, I wished I was with my relatives back in my hometown. I was not prepared to be dependable. "It's still too early to study away from Dbayy" I thought. Nevertheless, I kept calm and hoping for the best, and at that one time a woman came and sat beside me holding a thick book. I wished she would read the book for the whole time.

It was time to watch movies. Looking at the different selection of movies I chose one of my favourites, which was "War of the Worlds". As I was watching the movie I sensed someone gazing at me. I turned my head to find the same woman, her eyes met mine. I smiled, but from inside I thought "what the hell does she want from me?". She smiled back, I thought for a second "OMG, now she's gonna ask me...", but she did not. Anyhow, I turned away as she did, too. Next thing I saw was that she started watching the same movie as I did. "What does she want from me?" I thought again.

When the movie finished it was time to pray. When I finished praying I threw my eyes outside the window seeing most amazing scenes of my life. I did not blink for several seconds, for the scenery was amazing. I looked away and saw the woman, once again, was staring at me. She started greeting me, and I replied. We started a conversation, and by the end of it I knew that she was working in Dbayy for about seven months, and that she was from Italy married to an Iraqi. Both of the couple were Christians. Hence, we got into deep discussions, which were about the different languages, cultures and religions of the world.

It was lunch time. I ate, for what I remember, lamb curry, or something like that. Anyway, at the end of the trip I met my brother, and I told him what happened. He also had something to say, something about his buddy, who sitting next to him, and to what I remember, he was a Mexican. It was a nice trip after all, but not the best, nor the worst.

btw, shall i include this sentence to end the journal "and then we lived happily ever after"... hehehe...
I hope u enjoyed reading, c u later with more updates, 2enshalla!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

لقد أردت أن آخر شيء مثل هذا على موقعي وهذا اعطاني فكرة. هتاف.