Tuesday, February 28, 2006

"Tipeng Erorr"

It was on the 24th of January 2006 at 13:30 we met a teacher, whose name I lack. She introduced us to, first, herself, and then to the computer lab. This was my first lesson in the computer lab. By the end of the lesson, I actually liked going to Computer Studies tutorials and lectures, and the reason was because I found out that we will be taught different software, in which I was looking forward to study them for over two years. These software would include Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Flash, as well as Dreamweaver. I planned to use them in various things, e.g. photography and design.

However, this was not what I wanted to say. Computer Studies also had a horrible side to it, unfortunately, and I identified its source as I heard the teacher said once that in order to pass the Computer Studies foundation course, despite the examinations, students should type at least 20 wpm (words per minute) at a minimum of 98% accuracy. My reaction to that was dreadful. I was like, "I never heard what she said, no, I didn't… surely she didn't say something like that". The reason I said these things was because I never got used to typing without looking at the keys on the keyboard.

She continued to say that there was a program for us to log on to, to get used to typing without looking at the keys and in an increasing speed. By the way, she recommended us to use this program to see whether we were at the passing range. The time passed by, and the moment of truth was merely seconds away. I chose to try and see what was my typing speed and accuracy by looking at the keys. It was about 35 wpm and 98% accurate. I was very astounded at my achievement. But the next instant, I imagined the place of the examination and the spot where I sat behind a big desk, in which there was a keyboard on it, but without the printed letters. I woke up from this nightmare feeling a bit scared and a bit realistic, lacking the slightest smile.
At last, I surrendered to my fate. I told myself that I have to work hard and learn how to type by heart in order to pass this program. Even though my skills in the software were excellent I was not perfect, and never would I be one.

2 comments:

MissFikrah said...

Practice makes perfect bro..

Good luck ..

Bu Thyab said...

thnx missfikrah 3ala 2enna9ee7eh

2el7amdella i'm getting better

v_v