Friday, April 27, 2007

Heart vs. Brain

I woke up feeling light-headed and uneasy,
Something is wrong, but what is it?
I sat upright and opened my eyes,
As I moved my arms to wipe my face,
I realised I didn't have my hands.

It's gone, but where? My heart –
… Is gone, too! Probably, wondering around,
But I've never done anything wrong,
Or I think I never did, I didn't, did I? No,
That's what I thought at the beginning,
Then why would they do such a thing?

It is a good thing that my brain still works,
I wouldn't bare it if it went along with the others,
I'll let my brain take over, since there's no heart,
So I'll wash my face… oh, man, I don't have a hand,
I have to find them before they get damaged,
Or even worse, somebody stealing them,
As I went outside my room I heard a thump.

My brain thought that it came from next door,
I went there and peeked, but nothing abnormal,
I went back outside wanting to go downstairs,
Since it was breakfast… oh, man, I still don't have a hand,
In the meantime, I saw something running between my legs,
Heading towards the stairs,
My heart riding on my hand and sprinting, what the heck!
I ran as fast as I could and jumped on them and hold them tightly.

I reattached them on myself and asked them their reasoning,
My hand said that I'm a very dull man without any fun,
He meant that I never played music nor did I touch a woman,
My heart then started saying that I was very unemotional,
He wanted me to have a girlfriend before marriage,
My brain felt disgusted, as always, and refused to listen,
They made fun of him and told me to stop paying him any attention,
But I knew that something was wrong, and something has to be done,
However, I think I would need more time to figure it out.

They continued arguing and mocking each other,
And at one time, my heart detached himself, but walked next to me,
We reached the stairs, but my heart took,
The first step,
Then the second,
Third,
Fourth…
Until he reached,
The floor,
Waiting,
My brain thinking differently started his first step,
Then his second,
Third,
Fourth,
Fifth,
Sixth,
And his last step,
And waiting.

Both left and reached similar places, but took different paths,
One might say that they completed each other,
Others might think that nothing was in common,
But I would say that they don't complete each other,
And probably there is something in common,
But they have to be flexible, depending on the situation,
And until that time, both will be disconnected,
One will stay with me, and one will stay away from me,
I have the choice; but will it be the heart or the brain?

----

By Ibn Ummat Al-Qura'an All rights reserved 2007

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

An amazing way of expressing your inner thoughts

Bu Thyab said...

thnx for the comment =D

Erwin Abdullah Kurniawan said...

Heart vs. Brain...

Very interesting. The heart leaps and start jogging around, because you are no fun.. hmm... very fascinating.

I guess thats what they teach you in the hospital ay.... (heh you might know me by now)

I am no expert on this, but I think you are forgetting one element... Lust.

Syaitan, increadible creature... They must've stream "within your blood" and reach your brain and makes a halucination (I think I just made a mistake with the spelling).

If I may say, I think... The one that stayed with you wasn't the brain. It was the "heart". Didn't the prophet told us to ask our heart, if we ever have a doubt (the true ones not the one with was-was in it, obviously) heart never lies. On the other hand, brain do lies, especially if the girl in Uni is enjoying Summer (luckily "us" muslim were told to lower our gaze - Trully Allah knows what is best for His creatures).

You do realize that heart cannot cause hallucination... It's the brain that cause those.

However, I think your brain is not so messed up (with all the bad blood being run by syaitan). Because the heart and the hands are still praying to Allah. It still standing on the same altitude... chest height... hoping for His mercy..

No brother, brain and heart doesn't go the opposite ways... syaitan does. And he will certainly takes us with him... without Allah's help.

Disclaimer:
Whatever is good is from Allah and whatever is bad, is from my weaknesses. certainly by correcting my weaknesses you have done a brother a big favor. JazakAllahu Khair.

Bu Thyab said...

jazak allah khair brother

^__^

Anonymous said...

Mashallah gr8 poem,,,

Anonymous said...

This blog needs an update, bro ^_^